2013年4月20日 星期六

Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise failover cluster with StarWind

I need to take some screen captures to customer for installation of windows failover cluster. The minimum requirement is 1 DC, 2 cluster member and 1 storage.

 I got 3 PC with 3 NICs of each PC... but there is no storage (NetApp or any SAN storage).

I start to find some storage software or operating system...for my work. Someone tells me openfiler is fucking good. I tried but fail fail and fail in the validation of the cluster configuration.

The "Openfiler" does not support Persistent Reservation, at least the free edition does not support. (actually it supports, please read http://www.openfiler.com/products/advanced-iscsi-plugin)

I am not good at server side and no time to do the research. Therefore, I choose the StartWind, it is very good for your POC if you don't have the enough hardware or VM. I encounter the problem that only 127.0.0.1 can be used for connecting the iSCSI target but not the ip address of the storage. 

Finally, i add more a network interface with another ip address with port 3260. It totally work!!!!!!!!! with the windows 2008 cluster failover cluster. I love it, StarWind!!!!


沒有留言:

張貼留言